Desmond Bristow

I met him in Periana (Malaga) after a press cut that a a friend, Emílio Sousa, send me of a letter to the editor he sent to The Daily Telegraph, about the Lt. Colonel Dudley Clark who acted as a spy in Madrid, disguised as a woman, being an expert on cross-dressing [see here]. 
In a small villa there he was, with his wife, a quiet life and was surprised by the letter he received from me remembering his past with the Secret Service in Lisbon.
"Derry" has talked with me about his work in Portugal and solve some doubts I had after reading his book of memoirs "A Game of Moles", already translated in Spanish. Here I publish a photograph of both of us [I was quite younger then...]
Later I traced an autographed copy of this book at Foyles, a strange event none of us could explain. 
A nice fellow, he receveid me as a friend. Worried about the healtof his spouse he died before her.
I will return on him. Tonight I found his obituary here.