British Embassy in Lisbon, 1940
The photo shows the Cabinet of the British Ambassador in Lisbon during WW2 and the known as the Red Room.
Sir Walford Selby, HRM Ambassador in Lisbon [later replaced by Sir Ronald Campbell] wrote the article for a magazine published by the Lisbon Council, giving some historical background of the premises. The text can be read here.
The building was at the corner between São Francisco de Borja Street and Arriaga Street.
Lord Howard de Walden [see his private papers here] instaled the Embassy there in the first half of the 19th Century. He was diplomat in this country in 1933. Before it was at the Janelas Verdes Palace and in the building where today remains the Grémio Literário.